Monday, November 26, 2012

Dreams

Can I dream?
Yes, I may not be special
Nothing to recommend myself with,
Yes, I may be ordinary
Plebeian even;
Undistinguished and indistinguishable,
But perhaps I can dream.
Perhaps in my mind’s eye
I can stand out
High over the sweaty scalps of the masses
Unruffled
Crystalline.
Perhaps I can be perfect.
Perfect?
The perfect of today, the perfect of right now
Forever.
Perhaps
Perhaps, perhaps I can dream!
But my dreams are not reality;
My reality is just dreams.
I live half awakened
Half conscious
Not present.
I am no longer average.
I am falling
I am failing
I am flailing
I set out to fly.
Catch me won’t you?
Wake me up.
But you are lost
In your own dreams
Crashing.
I have cashed my last chances.
Burnt out
I have nothing left now but
Dreams.

No comments: